Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Parrot is a Toddler

For the following reasons:

• He is mostly potty trained but still has the occasional accident.

• He talks, but is kinda hard to understand. I don’t worry because his pronunciation and vocabulary are improving daily.

• It takes some coaxing, and I hate to admit sometimes bribing, to get him to eat his vegetables.

• We have had our share of doctors appointments to treat a runny nose and the sniffles, I have antibiotics in my refrigerator.

• My husband and I discuss on a regular basis what new and cute things he is learning how to do.

• He loves bath time.

• He has a million toys that end up all over, but he still manages to get into things he shouldn’t.

• His silly antics and innocent curiosity keeps me busy but makes me laugh.

Disclaimer: Just because my parrot is like a toddler, doesn’t mean a toddler is like my parrot. I wouldn’t advise trying to place a toddler in a cage, turning on the T.V. for entertainment, and leaving for the afternoon. I also do not condone teaching a child to use the restroom only on the newspaper.

Here’s to Tarzan




1 comment:

  1. I'm sad that we have yet to meet Tarzan- I bet he and Lucy would sit and chat, and have a grand time together!

    ReplyDelete