Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yes...I'm His Wife

All you bra burning feminist out there probably cringe at my blog name “His Wife”. Well put your bras back on and I’ll explain why.

First of all when I came up with the blog title I tried to find out what Noah’s wife was named and I had all intentions of using it. Through my searches I couldn’t find her name for the life of me, and being pretty horrific when it comes to bible history the name “His Wife” seemed the safest.

Becoming His Wife is probably the best thing that I have ever done. Being a wife to me has meant that I am partners with a person that is my best friend and love of my life. It means having love and support every day. When something great happens, I call my husband. When something horrible happens, I call my husband. My husband is an amazing (I use that word a lot to describe him, but it just seems to fit) man, and I couldn’t be more proud to be His Wife. It is a title that I am blessed with and am thankful for everyday.

Now just because I call myself His Wife, does not mean that I cannot stand alone. I have independent thoughts and opinions that often are a contrast to his. I have put myself through college and have a career. It takes a strong woman to be His Wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment