Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Girls Week

Our “Girls Week” ended this morning at 3am when I dropped off my mom and sister to catch their flights back home. Today went better than Sunday when I did the same thing, only to pick them back up a few hours later after they were both bumped from their flights. I didn’t mind – a few extra girl days are never a bad thing. Their husbands didn’t agree.

This brings an end to hours of eating, laughing, and watching a stack of estrogen enriched movies. I might have withdrawals.

I get to keep the little one for a little longer.

Its 9:45, she still sound asleep without a hint of waking. What 4-year-old would sleep through plans of making cookies, finger painting, running through sprinklers and playing playdoh? Attacking a craft box with as many pipecleaners, stickers, pompoms, felt squares, colors of glitter and jars of paste any 4-year-old could dream of? This one, who has been sick for the last 4 days. For the sake of summer fun, hers and mine, I am hoping that the antibiotics kick in and she is back to being her normal, bubbly, funny, energetic, makes-me-laugh, little girl.





I would definitely loose the “favorite aunt” award if these are her only memories of her summer with me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh bummer! Even though she's sicky sick- her face is still angelic! look at those lips! feel better Alexis! How long is she staying? Shannon

    ReplyDelete