Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Husband

He’s had a birthday so I thought I would reflect on why my favorite guy is my favorite guy.

To be honest, I just love him. When most women gripe and complain about their better halves, I get to sit there without much to say. I think that says a lot.

He has all the redeeming qualities one would list as preferable in a husband – he is loving, caring, sweet, funny, handsome, and smart. But there is much more to him than the generic list.

He is lovingly gentle. He knows when a I need to be hugged a little longer than usual. He knows when I need him just to listen and sympathize – not analyze and strategize. He has never raised his voice in our home. He complements freely and shows appreciation for what I do.

He is fun to be around. We laugh at ourselves and each other. Its him who initiates the adventures we go on. He likes toys and to have fun.

He has never shown resentment towards me when I haven’t been able to provide him with the family that we’ve dreamed of. He has endless patients when my mood swings would give most people motion sickness.

He balances me. When I want to throw caution to the wind and hope for the best – he’s there with a security net and a back-up plan.

He pays attention. He knows my favorite singer, type of pizza and flavor of ice-cream. He knows my shoe size and which t-shirt is my favorite (its really ugly, has a few holes, and has been around as long as he has and he never complains when I wear it to bed).

He is a good person. He works hard for what we have. He is honest and moral.

He loves me and that makes me one lucky girl.

Happy Birthday to my Sweetie Sweetie!

Oh, and he lets me call him “Sweetie Sweetie”

No comments:

Post a Comment